Gigwalk is a mobile app for all Android and iOS devices. You can find the app at the App Store or the Google Play Store. The app uses the GPS on your smartphone to show you different gigs in your area. The different gigs will take 5 minutes to 1 hour to complete. Each gig is different and it depends on your location. You can easily select different gigs from the app. You’ll select a gig to take photos in a supermarket or even visit a restaurant to take phones or answer a series of questions. It appears that only people living in the United States can use this app. The jobs are located in different states and will require you to use your smartphone to complete each gig.
How Does it Work?
- The app is available to download from the App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Once installed on your smartphone, you’ll need to create an account and register with the app.
- The app needs access to your phone’s GPS so that it can locate and display gigs in your current location.
- You’ll need to check the map on the app to find the different gigs.
- Once you’ve located a gig in your area, all you need to do is apply for the gig.
- If you’re accepted, you can start the job.
- You’ll need to be 16 years of age or older to complete the gigs on the app. Furthermore, you must live in the United States in order to use this app.
- Once you apply for the gig, the app will check your skill sets. If your skill sets match what the company needs, you’ll be able to work on the gig.
- Furthermore, you must be near the location of the gig in order to apply for the gig.
- The instructions will be sent to your mobile device.
- You’ll be required to hit the Start Working button on the app in order to complete the gig.
- Follow the instruction and upload the photos to the app.
- Complete the gig and submit the gig to the company.
- When taking the photos for your gig, you’ll need to make sure your location services are activated, otherwise, the photos will be rejected and you’ll need to go back and take them again.
- The company will either approve the gig or ask you a few follow-up questions.
- Once your gig has been approved the company will pay you immediately.
What Do People Say About Gigwalk?
- When people first started to use the app there wasn’t a lot of issues being paid. However, recently the app is kicking people off the jobs after they’ve been completed. They aren’t paying for the job because you were kicked off the job without any explanation as to why.
- The jobs are low paying and it can take time to find what the job is asking for. A few jobs claimed there were displays at certain stores, however, the displays never existed and you couldn’t complete the jobs.
- In some locations, there aren’t a large number of jobs you can do.
- The majority of jobs are low paying and they don’t often add higher paying jobs to the app.
- Many people are complaining about their jobs being rejected after they followed the instructions and completed the gigs. The company changed their mind about the images that were uploaded and asked you to go back and take new images. However, no matter what images you submitted they were all rejected.
- Some clients expect you to submit 150 or more images in order to be paid. However, they don’t state clearly what images they are looking for. Therefore, you waste your time and can either stop the job or go back to the store and try again. There is no guarantee if you go back and take more photos that the company will accept your work and pay you for it.
- Many people are angry right now that all the jobs they submit are rejected within a half an hour after submitting the job. They feel the company received the completed work the first time and they are rejecting the job because they don’t want to pay you for your work.
- Some of the jobs listed on the app are for businesses that are closed or have changed their name. When you supply proof, the app won’t update the information and you waste your time.
- Some of the jobs require that you have an iOS device to take the images on. You can’t use an Android device because of the camera.
How Are You Paid?
- Once you’ve completed the gig and uploaded the images to the app, the company has 7 days to review your completed work. In this time, they can request you to go back and take a few more photos or ask you to clarify a few of your responses to the survey questions.
- If your gig has been approved the company will immediately pay you.
- Your funds are sent to your PayPal account.
Gigwalk is a legitimate app that actually will pay you to complete different gigs. However, this app has been having a lot of complaints recently about how the company is handling the gigs and paying people for their work. It appears that the company is rejecting more and more gigs or requesting people to go back and complete the same work again. However, there are some gigs that are approved and the person is paid for their work.
I wouldn’t personally recommend this app for people to use. You will have issues with this company and at times you won’t be paid for your work. There are other apps available that you can download and use if you’re looking for this type of work.
The pay for each gig has decreased drastically and you’ll spend more time working on the gig than you’ll earn. However, if you live in a large city, you can easily find different gigs that are close to each other. This makes it more profitable when working with this app. Just make sure that you use the correct device, and turn on your location finder for your camera before taking any images, otherwise, they will reject your gig and not pay you for the work.