Sellbackbook.com is a used book buyer. They will buy your textbooks or other books from you for a fair price. The company opened in 2008 and is a legitimate company registered in Illinois. If you’d like to check on the company, the registration number is 669050578. Furthermore, if you go to the Better Business Bureau you’ll find this company has an A rating. The company makes it easy for you to sell back your used books. Either download and install the app from the Google Play store for Android device or visit the website. This isn’t an international company and only people living in the United States can sell back their books.
How it Works?
- You’ll need to register with the company and create an account.
- After confirming your email address, you can now send the company your books ISBN numbers.
- On the website, you can enter only 10 ISBN number at a time. Each number needs to be separated by a comma.
- After hitting the submit button, the site will search your ISBN numbers. They will immediately let you know if they are interested in buying your books. You’ll see a listing and how much they will pay for your books.
How To Sell Your Books:
- To accept the company’s offer, you’ll need to submit a buyback order.
- Once the prices have been displayed and you have accepted the prices they offer, you need to click on the Add to buyback list.
- Once you’ve successfully submitted your buyback order, the company will display your confirmation.
- You’ll need to print out a copy of the confirmation. When shipping back your books this must be included in the package.
- Click on the link on the confirmation page to print out your mailing label.
- The company pays postage for the books you send in.
Sending in Your Books:
- After printing out the label for the box must be deposited at the post office.
- You will have only 7 days to do this. The postmark on the box has to be within this time frame or the company won’t accept your shipment.
- The quotes the company supplies you are only valid for 7 days because the demand changes on the books you are selling.
- You can now drop off your box at any drop off box or collection box at the postal service. Furthermore, you can also drop off your box at the campus post office.
- Make sure to pack your items carefully so they aren’t damaged in shipping.
- Don’t use newspaper when packing your boxes. The newsprint will rub off on the books.
- The company has an affiliate program that you can join.
- There is a 5 step registration process you must complete.
- Step 1: Choose a username, password, and what country you’re from.
- Step 2: You’ll need your own primary website in order to apply for the affiliate program. Even if you’re planning on doing most of your promoting for the company using Pay Per Clicks, Overture, or even Google Adsense, you’ll still need a website. In this step, you’ll enter your website address and answer a few questions.
- Step 3: The Company wants to know about your email address. You have the choice of using an email address associated with your website or another email address. They are claiming it could take a bit longer to verify your account if you choose to use an email address that’s not associated with your website.
- Step 4: You’ll need to complete your contact information and verify if you are the owner of the website or not.
- Step 5: The final step is to let the company know how you’d like to be paid. You can either be paid by a check or the money directly deposited into your bank account.
- Read the terms and agreement of the company. Afterward, the company will send you a confirmation email to the email address you’ve provided. You must confirm the email in order to log in.
- The company will need to verify your application. You’ll receive an email from the company with their answer.
How Do You Get Paid?
- This isn’t an international company and only people living in the United States can sell their books here.
- You’ll have two payment options to be paid by the company.
- You can choose to have a check mailed to your home address or have the money directly deposited into your bank account.
- All unacceptable items will be destroyed or sent back. If you want your books returned, you’ll need to pay the postage.
This is a legitimate company and has an A rating with the BBB. The company only works with people living in the United States. When the company first started it wanted to help students earn back money on the textbooks they’d purchased. However, the company has expanded and anyone can sell books to them now. All you need to do is visit the site, enter your ISBN number, find a quote, ship the books and receive your money.
Has anyone ever tried this service before? I’m curious how many people sell back their used textbooks and get paid? Looking forward to reading your comments on how you like this service. This will help others earn a few extra dollars for college or to buy new books to read.