YouGov is a survey company that conducts polls online about products, brands, general interest topics, politics, and public affairs. The polls that YouGov creates are absolutely free and can be taken by anyone who is 16 years of age and living in the UK. However, if you live in the US, you only need to be 14 years old to join the site. The company also conducts a variety of polls worldwide and everyone is free to join. However, you might not receive a large number of polls or surveys to complete.
How Does it Work?
- Visit the website and join the site through your Facebook account or use your email address and password.
- The company also has a mobile app you can download and install on your mobile device. The app is available on the Google Play Store or you can install the app on your iOS device. You’ll be able to download and install the app on your phone or tablet from the App Store.
- Once you join the site you can visit your dashboard and fill in your profile information.
- This helps the company to determine if you are right for a poll or survey they are conducting.
- If you fit the survey profile, the company will send you an email.
- You can choose to click on the link or disregard your invitation.
- The number of the surveys you’ll be offered is based on your location and profile information that you’ve submitted to the company.
- Each survey consists of 25 to 30 simple questions for you to answer. The surveys take less than 10 minutes to complete.
- Each survey you take with the company is used by public affairs groups, political campaigns, marketing agencies, companies and news media.
- The surveys reveal what public opinion thinks about each topic in the survey.
- Once a survey has been completed, YouGov will post the survey results. Keep in mind not all survey results are posted on the site. The surveys that the company doesn’t post are ones that will be used for statistical tabulations.
- From time to time the company has a sweepstakes survey you can take. Once you’ve completed the survey the sweepstakes points are added to your account.
- It is easy to install the app on any tablet. When you first install the app select WiFi only if your tablet doesn’t connect to a cell network.
How Does the Company Pay?
- Each survey you participate in will rewards you points.
- Normally surveys will reward you 500 to 1000 points if you’ve successfully completed the survey.
- You’ll need to earn 25,000 points from the site in order to exchange the points for a gift card.
- The 25,000 points normally give you a $15 gift card.
- There are many different cards for you to select from.
- If you select a gift card it normally takes one or two weeks to receive your gift card. The codes are mailed to your email account.
- The company will also end you £50 once you’ve accumulated 5000 points in your account.
- You can always take the points you’ve accumulated in your account to enter into the monthly prize drawing to win cash prizes.
This is a legitimate company and will either pay you in gift cards or cash. The company conducts online surveys and polls to see what the public opinion is. There are also surveys for sweepstakes entries and cash prizes. It is easy to join the site and when a survey is available that fits your public profile, you’ll be notified by email. The site is fun and has been in business for a number of years. So if you enjoy taking surveys or polls this is a great site to join.
1 thought on “YouGov Review – Legit or Scam”
This is my most favorite survey site so far as the surveys are usually pleasant to answer, not too long or boring, and we won’t be disqualified too. Hence I always try to respond to any YouGov surveys if possible.
For us who are staying in Malaysia can redeem SGD $25 (approximately USD $20) with 5000 points. The pay rate seems to be different for different countries.
Thanks for sharing this. I didn’t know about the sweepstake perhaps I haven’t win any before.