The Job Spotter app is a very unique app that pays you to take pictures of “Help Wanted or Hiring” signs in your area. All you need to do is take a picture of the sign and of the storefront and upload them to the site. You’ll earn points for each photo that has been verified and accepted on the app. In order to use this app, you’ll need to have a 4G or 3G connection. You must take the photos while working in the app and upload them from the app. The photos can’t be taken on your phone and uploaded at a later time. This app seems to work best if you live in a large city that posts help wanted signs in the store windows.
How Does it Work:
- Download the app from Google Play or App Store and install on your smartphone or tablet.
- You’ll need to register with the app before you can start using the app.
- Make sure that your phone has a connection to a network so that you can use this app. You must take the 2 photos and upload them to the app immediately. If you try to store the photos on your phone to upload at a later time, the company will reject your photos and you won’t earn money for taking them.
- When you are out driving around or walking and see a help wanted sign posted in a window, stop and take a photo of this sign. Afterward, take a photo of the storefront. The company requires that you take a photo of the storefront so they can see the name of the business and if there is an address on the front of the building.
- Upload the two photos to the app. This must be done immediately and not at a later time. The photos are time stamped and must be uploaded right after you take the images. Furthermore, the app checks to see who is the first person to spot the sign, take the photo and upload it to the app. This is the person who will be paid for taking the image.
- Once the app verifies these photos and checks for duplicate entry, you’ll earn points in your account.
- The points in your account can be redeemed for Amazon gift cards.
How Do You Earn Money?
- The company will pay you points for each photo you upload.
- If you receive 1 point it will equal $0.01.
- On average, the company will give you 5 to 100 points for the photos that you’ve taken.
- You will normally receive more points if you take photos of handwritten help wanted signs or even a computer printed “help wanted” sign.
- The company seems to pay for smaller business signs than they do for larger companies.
- On average, you should receive 22 to 50 points in your account for being the first to upload the photos to the app. Most of the time you’ll get around 25 points from the company. Just keep in mind the smaller business signs will earn you a lot more points in your account. The company seems to pay around 100 points if you find a handwritten “help wanted” sign in a window.
How Are You Paid?
- You’ll need at least 100 points in your account to redeem a $1 Amazon gift card.
- The company will allow you to redeem any amount of money for your gift card as long as you have $1 in your account.
- The company only pays in Amazon gift cards and there isn’t another form of payment.
What People Are Saying About the App:
- The app was given a 4.3 rating from the user.
- A few people had problems with the app crashing or not working well on a few devices.
- On a few older Android, devices the app seems to make the camera lag at times after the new update.
- A few people had issues with signs they uploaded not being verified in their account. However, the app corrected these problems and the problem has been fixed.
This is a legitimate paying app that pays you to take photos of hiring signs and storefronts. Furthermore, the app sends you Amazon gift cards for the points you earned for submitting the photos. People had some issues with the app crashing or making their camera lag. The company updated the app and the problems have been fixed.
People love this app and they like this idea. People who travel use this app and can identify hiring signs where ever they go. If you like to take photos this is one app that will pay you for a few seconds of your time.