Talk2Rep is a company that you can work at home as a chat agent. The company hires people for these positions that live in the United States. Furthermore, the company has a wide variety of other jobs you can do. Talk2Rep has been hiring work at home agents since 2005. It is easy to apply for a job or an online chat agent online. All you need to do is fill in your application for a position that interests you. The company is located in Florida and you can call or email them for more information.
How Does it Work?
- Before you apply for the job you must first meet the criteria before you apply.
- They require that you have a computer that is hard-wired to the internet. This should be a desktop model with Windows installed on it. They don’t allow you to have a MAC device. The computer must be in top working order and you should have a fast internet connection to do the work.
- You’ll need a high school diploma or a General Education Degree.
- There is a typing test that you must take. You’re required to type 30 – 50 WPM without any errors.
- The company requires you to have outstanding grammar, spelling and communication skills.
- You’ll need to be able to multi-task and research information online.
- If you have any sales experience in the past, this is a big plus for the company.
- Furthermore, if you’re bilingual and can speak Spanish and English the company is always looking for chat agents with these qualifications.
- If you have the qualification necessary, you can fill out the online application and apply for the at home chat agent position.
What to Expect:
- If you’d like to work for the company, they require you to send them $50 to do a background check on you.
- You’ll need to attend training sessions that the company won’t pay you for. The training classes are 2 weeks long and you must attend in order to work there.
- The work at home positions is for live chat agents that help people with their issues or a live chat sale agent. You’ll be selling certain products and services for the company. They offer you a set hourly wage, plus commissions.
- At the end of each live chat, the company asks the client to complete a survey about your helpfulness and if you were professional. The surveys are rated and you’ve given a score concerning your performance with the company. If you receive a bad rating this really affects your job with the company.
How Do You Earn Money?
- The company has a flexible schedule that you can choose from. You’ll pick the hours each day you’d like to work.
- The normal working shift is 4 hours long.
- You can work up to 32 hours a week. However, if the company is extremely busy, it is possible to work more hours each week.
- You must work one shift on the weekends.
How Much Can You Earn?
- As a live chat agent, the company pays $11 to $13 an hour.
- As a live chat sales agent the pays you $10 an hour, plus commissions.
- Normally a live chat sales agent can earn $120 – $140 per week in commissions. This all depends on how many hours you work and how much you sell during this time.
Pros and Cons of Working for Talk2Rep:
- The company has flexible hours and you can pick and choose the hours you’d like to work. They are not strict like a few online companies that will terminate your contract if an emergency arises and you have to leave.
- At times one of the clients of the company will terminate their contract. This results in the company letting go of a large number of agents without notification.
- Some people have had issues with receiving their pay on time. This is basically an isolated issue and there were only two complaints about not being paid on time.
- There are many challenges working for this company. They start off with training and working with the clients on chat.
- Some of the clients on live chat are very rude and it is hard to work with them. This is normal in any environment and not isolated to this company.
- At times you are helping out a person on live chat and they seem to take forever to answer you back.
- You are normally working with 3 to 4 different clients at once on live chat. This can be stressful and hard to manage if one of the clients is rude or won’t answer you back.
- A client having a bad day can give you a low rating at the end of your chat. They are asked to fill out a survey. You are graded and rated on the surveys. If a person chooses not to fill out the survey or you receive a bad rating, this can go against you with the company. Some people are terminated because of the client\s rating and what they fill in on the surveys.
- There are issues being an online chat sale s rep for the company. They claim that your base pay is $10 an hour to start with. However, you’re obligated to meet a certain amount of sales to earn this. If you fall short of the sales requirement, you pay is bumped down to minimum wage which is $9 an hour. If you still can make your sales quote during your shifts, you’re asked to stop working.
How Are You Paid?
- The company pays twice a month. They send out checks every other Friday.
- You can have a check mailed to you or you can have your pay directly deposited in your bank account.
- The company has no other forms of payment because they only work with people living in the United States.
This is a legitimate job and they do pay you to be an online chat agent or chat sale agent. The hours are flexible and you can choose your own hours to work. Unfortunately, the training is not helpful and you must spend 2 weeks at their training facility and not be paid for your time. Once you start working, you’re required to handle 2 online chats at a time. After a week, they’ll assign you 3 chats at the same time.
The company can let you go at any time if you don’t meet your sales quota. It is better to take the online customer service chat position than the sales position. Your pay is dumped down to minimum wage if you don’t meet your sales quota each week. Furthermore, they require everyone to work one shift over the weekends. At times the checks are held up for one reason or another, but in the end, you’re always paid for the work you do with this company.
There are other companies online that hire online chat agents and you’re not forced into making sales. Your basic jobs duties are to work with clients and help them out with their problems. However, there are online chat sales agents jobs available. These jobs are stressful and require you to meet a certain sale quota each week. I think if you like to work as an online chat agent, stay away from any company that wants to hire you only for an online chat sales agent.