EasyShift is an app that can easily be installed on most Android and iOS devices. When you install the app it will use your GPS tracker to determine your location. A map is displayed with possible jobs in your area. It is easy to select one of the jobs and complete the tasks. You’ll have the opportunity to take on jobs for shopping, eating out, or even checking on a market for stock items and the displays. You’ll earn money for each micro job that you complete. Currently, this app is only offered to people living in the United States.
What Devices Are Supported?
- The latest version of the app will support any iOS device that is an iPhone 4s or newer.
- The app will support a variety of Android devices:
- HTC One Mini
- Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, and S5
- Samsung/Google Nexus S
- LG/Google Nexus 4 and 5
- LG G3
- Motorola Moto X 1st and 2nd generation
- Motorola Moto G
- The app won’t support the following devices:
- Android Tablets
- iPhone 4 or earlier
How To Become a Secret Shopper:
- In order to qualify to become a secret shopper, your mobile device must be able to support the app from EasyShift.
- The phone number you register with must match the phone number on the device you’re using.
- Your mobile device must have the capability of receiving text messages sent to the phone number in your registration and associated with your account.
- Only people living in the United States can create an account with EasyShift.
How Does it Work?
- On the app, you’ll locate a store near you.
- Open the job and read the description.
- If you want, at this time you can reserve the job.
- You’ll basically have 24 hours to complete your shit. Some shits need to be completed in less than 24 hours.
- Each person is ranked and given a title. The ranking will determine how many shifts you can reserve and how many points you’ll earn for each completed shift.
- Each new member starts off as a rookie on the app. At this stage, you can only reserve 1 shift at a time. The shit will need to be completed and reviewed. You’ll start to earn points on the app and move up the latter. The highest level in the app is level 9. This pays the most points and you can reserve up to 25 different shifts at a time.
- The app has two different types of shift available that you can select from.
- An anywhere shift can be performed in the comforts of your home or wherever you are at. These types of shift are automatically shown in your Reserved Shift lists. These shifts will only reward you with points.
- A location-based shift will require you to arrive on location to complete the assignment. You might need to complete a survey, check prices, review a promotion, and take photos. You will be awarded points and cash for completing these shits.
How Does the Company Pay?
- After the completion of a shift, the shift needs to pass through a review process. The site will strive to complete this process within 24 to 48 hours. However, if there are a lot of shifts completed this process can take up to 7 days to review.
- Once your shift has been approved, the site will pay you for your work.
- Your money is sent to your PayPal account.
- Anyone earning more than $600 a year using this app will need to report their earnings to the IRS. Normally PayPal should supply you with a 1099-K if this applies to you. Not all payment agencies such as PayPal will supply you with this information. It is your responsibility to contact PayPal and request this form. You are obligated by law to report earnings in excess of $600 for the year.
- You must add your PayPal email address to the EasyShift account so that the company can process your payment and send it directly to your PayPal account.
- Your shift will display the total amount possible to earn. However, if you fail to complete the shift correctly or follow the directions, points will be deducted. It’s important to follow the directions and only submit photos of the correct items asked for in the shift.
What Are People Saying About this App?
- The app does pay you for completing assignments. However, there are some assignments that require you to take up to 100 photos to complete the assignment. These assignments are low paying and it might take you 2 or 3 trips back to the store to complete the assignments. On larger assignments like this, store employees will question what you are doing and can ask you to leave the market.
- The shifts have been decreasing drastically and it isn’t worth it to continue on. In the beginning, there were dozens of the shift to do in all locations. Recently, there is barely 2 to 3 shifts in most locations now.
- When you need to exchange your phone and change your phone number it is almost impossible to get any help from the company. During this time you can’t work on any shifts because your account is linked to your old phone number.
This is a legitimate company that will pay you with points and cash for completing different shifts. Some shifts require you to visit a market and take photos of displays and answer questions. While other shifts will ask you to take a survey. Each shift is different and will take 24 to 48 hours to verify the information you upload to the app. Once your works have been verified the company will pay you immediately to your PayPal account. Unfortunately, in the last few months, the company has been offering less and less shift to complete. This is a legitimate app and if you love to do mystery shopping it is a good one to download and use on your mobile device.